At BoldtSmith Packaging, we offer customized consulting agreements that can be created for specific customer needs. The type of customers that benefit from our services varies from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. The needs of such a variety of customers varies which is why BoldtSmith Packaging offers customized consulting agreements.
Project Specific Agreements
Some customers have a specified scope of work, project activities, deliverables and timing already completed by the time they engage BoldtSmith Packaging. This is a great situation to provide a project specific agreement. We see this type of agreement often with large corporations that have a dedicated team already assigned to the project.
A few reasons why BoldtSmith Packaging is typically being engaged are outlined below.
- Expertise: The customer is experiencing a problem related to packaging that they are unable to fix internally because the nature of the project is not something that the company has previously encountered.BoldtSmith Packaging has a team of packaging engineers with varying backgrounds in the world of packaging.
- Speed: A tight deadline is not allowing their internal team or packaging manufacturers to complete the project in the designated timeline. Monday through Friday 9-5 is not our work week. Our work week is determined by our project timelines.
- Bandwidth: The customer has an internal packaging team but their efforts are concentrated in other areas such as new product development while the project is targeting reducing damage on existing product. We fill in as an extension of their existing team working on specific projects.
Customer’s requiring our services for multiple projects, we often recommend exploring a retainer agreement. A retainer agreement is a short to long term contract that gives our customer the freedom and flexibility to have utilize our services as needed. We typically recommend a 3-6 month agreement at 20-30 hours per week for the majority of our customers.
This scenario often occurs when customers are debating adding a full-time packaging engineer or bringing in a consultant. Our goal is to only sell our services in scenario’s that make sense for our customers. In some situations, we recommend hiring a full-time packaging engineer vs a consultant.
However, a few examples of times it makes sense to bring in a consultant are outlined below.
- Cost: Customers that compare a full-time 40 hours per week packaging engineer with benefits in comparison to a consultant for 20-30 hours per week with no benefits or long-term commitments will discover that it is less expensive to hire a consultant.
- Focused Efforts: Our services on projects are extremely focused and specific. We do not recommend including us in meetings 9-5 Monday to Friday. Our work is spent on completing optimized designs, testing and implementation. This is how we are able to complete 40 hours of full-time work in 20-30 hours.
- Capabilities: BoldtSmith Packaging has a team of packaging experts with a huge variety of experience from designing metal crates for industrial products to retail packaging for big box stores. Internally, we are able to complete the design work and samples. This removes the packaging manufacturers from the packaging development process ensuring our customers receive the best possible design.
- Location: A scenario we often see with large corporations that they have an existing packaging team but struggle to complete projects that require extensive travel. Perhaps the company has a packaging team at their headquarters but multiple manufacturing facilities spread out through the world. Packaging projects often require boots on the ground running line trials and gathering associate feedback onsite at manufacturing plants which is difficult to complete as a corporate packaging engineer.BoldtSmith Packaging will fill that role onsite at the manufacturing facilities.
Our goal is to always exceed expectations even if it means we do not receive a project out of the conversations. We ONLY want to offer our services for customers that will benefit from what we do. Reach out to BoldtSmith Packaging to learn more about the services we offer to find if we are a fit for your company.